Saturday, December 1, 2012

CREAMY PROSCIUTTO AND PORCINI PENNE

I made this absolutely wonderful pasta dish for my family. I was meeting friends out for dinner, and had a little taste before I left, thinking I would have a big plateful for lunch the next day. However, much to my disappointment - it was all gone by the time I returned home.
It is one of the first times I have used dried mushrooms, and they definitely leant a richness and depth to the sauce. I cannot wait to make this again, and this time, have a proper serving.

CREAMY PROSCIUTTO AND PORCINI PENNE


1/2 pound penne pasta
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 pound prosciutto, diced
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 large shallot, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup cream
1/3 cup marsala
shaved parmesan cheese
chopped parsley, for garnishing

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
Bring the chicken stock and porcinis to a boil. Simmer until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Puree in a food processor.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the prosciutto and cook about 2 minutes. Add the creminis and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream and marsala. Stir in the mushroom puree and cook at a fairly rapid bubble, stirring until reduced, 10 minutes.
Add the pasta to the sauce. Top with cheese and parsley.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray, October 2012
www.rachaelraymag.com › In the Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment